Congratulations! You have survived one of the worst traumas to the human body. Stroke survivors are victor’s – wounded soldiers coming home from a war on their body. Naturally, there’s a time for mourning loss and realizing change has arrived, but then we must move forward and begin the road to recovery. Science has proven that the brain does recover (when given the right resources), so then let’s get busy finding & utilizing them. It’s time to put your gloves on and fight back. Grrrrrrrr
I once heard a comparison of life to a glow-stick –
“Glow sticks are useless until they are bent, broken and shaken up, then and only then do they live up to their full potential and light up the night. Like glow sticks we must be willing to stretch ourselves revealing the potential that lies in us all” – Ryan Mickley
Begin with …..
- Support – talk, share, ask for help
- Attitude- this is like the compass of life. It dictates your direction
- Faith- this is the time to exercise your faith. There is a greater power that never lets us go
- Love – family, friends, pets – love is all around us
- Rehab- don’t miss it – it does make a difference Watch Jamie’s Recovery
- Hydration – drinking the right kind of water is key. Our brain is 85% water
- Tools- you can’t re-build a house without tools. Bwell resources are tools
- Effort- you must give your best
- Release- let go, and let your creator take over
- Joy- Yes joy. Smile, you are alive and your life has a purpose! So as a man thinks, so shall he become.